As The Feeling Fades Away

As the Feeling Fades Away
Sometimes, the feeling of being disillusioned by something comes to pass; usually in retrospect.

Anyways, I know it's been a while since I have posted. Honestly, since I have kept up with most of your blogs on a daily basis. Time is pretty tight with my hour commute each direction from work. Taking into account that I have a very small daily hit number, how I want to work out (consistently), have some sort of social life, and it ends up being pretty hard to keep up with everything. I have been trying to decide what to do about this and honestly, I cannot come up with much.


There's plenty of things I'd like to do to attract more people... making this all seem a bit more "worth it" since the original intent was to recieve feedback on my photos: these things include better photos, higher quality, better website---but those are all about a year away (maybe slightly less). So in the end I decided that maybe this won't be a daily thing (what I was striving for). Maybe, this won't attract a ton of people. But in the end I should probably just do this for me and hope for the best. To those of you who do come, and comment,




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have faith that you could make it a daily thing. Especially this upcoming semester. But then again, I've pretty much always blogged consistently for the past 5 years, regardless of how crazy life gets and how much I should probably spend my time elsewhere. So ultimately, of course, it's up to you/your priorities :)

Josy said...

First off, audience isn't all it's cracked up to be. You probably already know everything I'm gonna say here, but... there are professional photographers who have difficulty driving traffic to their sites. And remember, building an audience takes a lot of time, even if you do all the right things--the internet is a huge place, and connecting with the people who want to read your blog is no small feat. Besides, it might take six months or so before your blog even starts showing up on search engines!

(Speaking of which, do you have your blog set up so search engines can find it? I just Googled you and found your VFXY page and your Flickr page, but not this blog.)

Secondly, yeah, the time thing does become an issue. I've been doing the daily photoblog thing for about a year and a half now, and I am so looking forward to being done with it in a month.

As Caffeinerd said, it's up to you and your priorities. Maintaining a social life is probably more important, in the long run, than maintaining a blog.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

Anonymous said...

(I suppose I should clarify that I would definitely prefer you continue to prioritize your social life over blogging...you know, since I'm a sizeable portion of said social life...Personally I more just prioritize blogging over reading about how to determine the validity of the SPELT-3...a very timely example right now...)

I'm sure you'll find a balance you're comfortable with :)

Adam said...

Caffeinerd - thanks : ) I'll make something work... I mean you never know though I could just end up needing allll my time for this blog ;)

Josy - Your frank kindness is why I appreciate your comments so much. I do understand, more so now, how hard it is to get hits to a website rather than a specific photosite (ala flickr). I do need to get the blog more out there, and hopefully get more comments and readers on my own and it'll be a much longer process than I expected. This probably all sounds extremely naive to an established "blogger" (I only put the "'s up because I consider you more a photographer than a blogger) but I guess I never knew what to expect and estimated wrong... which isn't a problem. All in all, I'm happy with where this is going now that I understand what it entails. Thanks for all your continued support and most importanly all the help you've given me. It's greatly appreciated.

Josy said...

:)