The Dog Days of Summer II

Nikita

Camera: Sony DSC-H5
Exposure: .067 sec (1/15)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 13.5 mm
ISO Speed: 80
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV

This is my second image of my dog Nikita and the Dog Days of Summer Theme. She's really fantastic and almost knows when she is supposed to be posing for photographs compared to other random commands I try to instill upon her (sit, stay, quiet, down, etc., etc.). This effect is called the Orton Effect and is essentially overlaying a light sharp image with a dark blurred image upon a normal image. It's kinda cool I think and related to some HDR photography. Let me know what you think!

Edit: Like most of my pictures from Flickr now, it looks better if you click on it and open up flickr. That way the resizing of the very large image to half it's size doesn't look quite as bad.

No comments: